The purpose of the Mount Pisgah Baptist Church Usher Ministry is to help connect people to God by creating an atmosphere of welcome and order in the Sanctuary for guests and members.
It is noted that the work of the church ushers is undergirded by scripture found in Psalms 84:10 – “For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.”
At Mount Pisgah, our Ushers are happy to serve in this position. Our Ushers, both the Adult and Youth Ushers will fulfill their mission by:
- Greeting people as they enter the service with a smile.
- Be watchfully for those needing assistance (whether it be those individuals with disabilities, those with babies, and small children, recommending the children attend the Children’s Church).
- Ensuring that worship services are orderly by determining when people enter the sanctuary, directing people to seats, providing guidance for worshippers during the offertory period, and minimizing people walking about during service.
- Assisting worshippers, as needed, to be comfortable and to have the necessary tools during service, e.g. hymnals, church bulletins/programs, tissues, fans, offering envelopes, or, at times, water, and answering questions.
- Representing MPBC when assisting the ushers at other local church services/programs and at association and convention functions.
Membership – The MPBC Ushers’ Ministry are looking for more dedicated, Christian, spirit-filled people willing to serve.
The Ushers’ Ministry meets the forth Saturday of the month from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m., in the MPBC Sanctuary.
If you have questions regarding the Ushers’ Ministry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click: See our Calendar for 2020 (within our Vision for the House Booklet).